Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Blackberry time in Kentucky!!

 Oh how I love me some July because of Blackberry Season!!!  I love me some blackberries.  For the last 3 years I take Addie to Elkton, KY and we pick tame blackberries from an old client of mine at the Animal Hospital.  Jena always goes with us.  This is such a special remembrance of my Granny Naron who loved her some wild blackberries and made the best blackberry jam that I have ever eaten!!!  I love it love it love it!!
It was so much fun to get to take Claire on her first blackberry pickin' trip.  Of course she didn't pick any but she was a trooper while we picked. 
 
Ms. Jena and Addie

I was so proud of Addie!!  Elsie Adeline picked 5 pounds of blackberries!!  Her great grandmother Elsie would be soo proud!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment